Thursday, September 2, 2021

Spirituality

"Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3:3

Belief: an attitude of trust.

Faith: acts of trust and commitment, not as a need to achieve but out of a desire to please, to live out what you believe.

'Spiritual' is my connection with God. It is my relationship with God. Yet, I know that many character traits that should come because of my relationship with God can be found in non-Christians. 

My relationship with God is more than the sum of character traits and principles and values. Because His Holy Spirit lives in me, I can be led and directed in ways non-Christians can't be. There is a deeper understanding of who I am and of the world and of the events of the world than any non-Christian can have.

Greg Rosenke on Unsplash

My faith is built on having a relationship with God, on the fact that He loves me, forgives me, and is greatly interested in who I am and what I do.

So then, the sum of my Christianity is not in the character traits I attain or the lifestyle I live, but in Whose I am and the relationship I have with Him. Knowing this, that I am His and He is mine, and choosing to live as such, unleashes the potential God has designed to work in and through me.

It is not what I do, but Whose I am.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you....As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." John 15:7,9

Love Is Kind

 'Charity suffereth long, and is kind,..." I Corinthians 13:4 I know people who walk into a sick person's house and take charge...