Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Have Mercy

 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions." Psalm 51:1


In Psalm 51, David shares his earnest request with God. "Blot out my transgressions." David acknowledges and is troubled by his sin. Knowing God's desire for truth and that God can make him know wisdom, David begs for not only the removal of sin, but for God to change his sorrow to joy and gladness. David needed God to restore the fellowship he once knew and the result would be David's praise and desire to teach others about God's ways.

Shame brought David to his knees. His love for God made him plead for mercy and forgiveness. His commitment to God gave him the desire to serve by telling others. And he submits to God's good pleasure.

"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom." Psalm 51:3-6

Lord, I know that but for the shed blood of Christ, I would be no good. Even as I live daily, I am split between what my human desires are and what I desire in the spirit You made alive when You saved me. Thank you, for Your abundant mercy that is new every morning. Thank you that Christ's blood covers it all. Help me to never forget what You have done for me. My life is Yours. Do with it what You will.

The Sting of Criticism

  When we moved to Texas, I took a break from writing and focused on home and family. I wouldn't have been capable of balancing a 'c...