Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Work of My Hands

 "And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it." Psalm 90:17


Read Matthew 13:3-30.

Heavenly Father, please establish the work of my hands, first to the raising of my family and the running of my household, and second to my writing ministry, for Your glory and honor and praise.

I have nothing to be afraid of. I need only to trust Him.

The success of my ministry is not dependent upon me. I merely have to obey and trust Him to do the rest. He is the one who gives the increase.

Lord I worry about letting people down. Forgive me. Help me to remember this is Yours, not mine.

This isn't about me; it isn't about making a name for myself or lifting myself up, or the church or the Pastor; It is about doing the work of a laborer.

The laborer is not the one that made the crop grow. God did it. The laborer is merely there to do His bidding.

Some work to prepare the soil. A labor of faithful obedience by hands that may never see the fruit of their work.

Others work to sow the seeds, ensuring the Word falls on good soil. These laborers might never see the harvest, but what wondrous glory if they do.

The work of others is to fertilize and water, ensuring the plants get enough and that the soil around each plant is healthy. Such a laborer must be regular and consistent. Even these might not see the harvest, but they will rejoice if they are blessed with such opportunity.

Then comes the harvest and what a joy it is to bring in the fruit, but it must be done in a timely manner.

Each of these workers have a part in the harvest, but it is God who gives the increase.

It is God who gives the strength to the ones who prepare the ground.

It is God who gives the seeds to the sowers.

It is God who provides the water and the fertilizers to the husbandmen.

It is God's soil.

It is God who makes the crops produce their fruit.

The harvest belongs to God.

We merely labor. We merely obey.

If we do not do our part in preparing the soil, in sowing the seed, in watering and fertilizing, and in gathering, then we have no part in the glory of the harvest. We fail to be fruitful.

Each part is important; they are dependent upon each other.

If the soil is not prepared, the seed may not take root.

If the seed is not sown, there is nothing to water and fertilize.

If the crop is not watered and nourished it will not grow.

If the harvest is not gathered, the fruit will turn to waste.

We may not always know what our part is, but we must do the work given us to do.

Lord, help me not to weary in the tasks You've given me. I pray this in my Precious Lord Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:18-20

The Sting of Criticism

  When we moved to Texas, I took a break from writing and focused on home and family. I wouldn't have been capable of balancing a 'c...